Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Random Blathering

I made a cheesecake yesterday.  Josh told me it was a must do after we went grocery shopping and I bought cream cheese again without checking to see if we already had some.  After we were done shopping, we had about seven bricks of cream cheese in the fridge.  

Good thing, because I used the recipe for New York Cheesecake from the "America's Test Kitchen" cookbook and it called for 5 bricks of cream cheese.  FIVE, can you believe it.  That's not a heart attack waiting to happen. But it is ooohhh so good!  Apparently they do all that testing for a reason.  Everything I've made from that cookbook has been fabulous!

I called Josh on his way home to pick up some graham crackers for the crust.  When he came home he was putting the extra packages away and noticed a Brand New box of graham crackers in the cracker keeper.  Something tells me I am going to have to start actually checking for groceries before we shop!

Is this this new blogger background I put up giving anyone else a headache???

And I've decided that I am a better cook than Dream Dinners is, even though the convenience is nice.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Yumm, you are making me want some... anything that comes from your kitchen is good for sure!

Wendy said...

P.S. the background is a bit wild but I was impressed with the whole thing.

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Ummm - I don't really see any problem with 5 things of cream cheese - the more the better in my book!! Send some our way please!

Unknown said...

And we sent all of you to school to be "health professionals" --- nutrition 101 ??