Its June? Huh? So much for blogging resolutions. I feel like I've made many changes over the last year and I've done very little to track them or the effects they've had on my life. The idea of doing that all now seems too overwhelming so I've decided to take some snapshots of different areas of my life as they are now and decide what's working and what could still use some tweaking.
Let's start with Mornings! I think this is where I've had the most success making changes but that is possibly because this is where there I needed them most. Since I'm focusing on Nourishment this year, its a very good place to start.
- Weekday wakeup - spending ten minutes or so laying in bed with the sunlight streaming in. I feel like this is helping me adjust to the day.
- Pre-Shower - Dry brushing all over and oil pulling with coconut oil for the first 10 minutes of my shower. I'm adding these things to my morning to promote detox and liver support. My teeth seem whiter and my gums are much less sensitive to flossing. We'll see what the dentist has to say soon.
- Shower - Using Dr. Bronner's for body soap, just my Clarisonic and some baking soda (when I feel like my face needs it), and I'm currently using Acure Organics Peppermint Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Oral Health - Using a copper tongue scraper either before or after brushing (again to support Liver detox).
- Morning make up routine is very simple: Yes to Grapefruit tinted correcting serum, some blush, eyeliner, shadow and Burt's Bees Pomegranate limp balm.
- Morning supplements -Thorne's Berberine (hormone and GI support), Adapt from Interplexus (adrenal Support), Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil and Biogenesis Methyl Factors. Just this morning I added in some potent probiotics (one month supply) and an ayurvedic jam called Amla which apparently does everything but I'm using these both to support my gut after some recent test results.
- Breakfast is usually an organic protein powder blend with 2 Cups of spinach and coconut milk or some pastured eggs from my backyard with breakfast meat and veggies and Bubbies lacto fermented sauerkraut. Can't forget my coffee (sometimes Tea or Yerba Mate) with Vital Proteins Collagen and Grass Fed Cream with a little maple syrup.
- I try really hard to be positive and kind in the mornings with the boys. I want us to start our days with love and good feelings toward each other and the world.
- Notice there is no actual meditation happening here, nor is there early morning yoga or other exercise.
- I should really spend some more time oil pulling but time is valuable and this works for now.
- Shampoo and hair care is something I've really struggled with. My hair really seems to be changing and is thicker but still as oily as ever. I do need to shampoo everyday even through I've tried to skip days, go "no poo" primarily by using baking soda and apple cider vinegar or alternating between a few other methods. My styling products are still not very good for me (Big Sexy Hair, Its a 10 etc.) but I have to hang on to something since my hair is so different right now. This is another area for exploration.
- Brushing - still using commercial toothpaste (Kirkland brand) but should make a transition soon.
- My make up is pretty good, all checks out okay through the skin deep database. I am trying to use up a lot of old products from my Ipsy Glam Bag days. I did recently purchase a few new products from Primal Life Organics but haven't been able to make them work to my preference yet. I really want to try some products from Fat Face Skin Care too.
- I want to keep to as much of a "foods first" rule as I can to avoid additional supplementation but considering I'm not on ANY medication, that list doesn't seem too bad.
- I would like to wean myself off of smoothies but the convenience and time factor can't be beat. Plus, I love my Blend Tech blender and need a reason to use it every day!
- Sometimes this is a struggle, not all of us are morning people in the Prock Family! I do need to be very intentional to make this successful and sometimes I just don't make the effort. Life is so much better than just a 2 years ago though and for that I am very grateful!