Monday, February 18, 2008

Yum, Yum, Yum


I realize that this isn't the best food photo ever.  I have a lot of work to do there but this steak however was Phabulous, totally with the "Ph".  It was the seasoned sirloin that Josh and I really like from Fred Meyer.  I haven't been too happy with our last two attempts to grill it so I requested a new method.  For Josh to turn the steak over to me was a pretty big deal!  I used Alton Brown's pan seared rib-eye recipe (minus the seasoning) and it worked out perfectly.  I did the extra minute on each side for medium, since I don't like to chew my meat long enough to work through rare.  

Josh made garlic mashed red potatoes and the green beans were a la Sesame Street Del Monte (amazing what Elmo's picture on the can will do for getting them to eat green beans).  I also made some caramelized onions and mushrooms in another cast iron skillet.  We pretty much just left them to cook on Medium Low with out moving them around a lot and the texture stayed great, not slimy!

So the best complement was Josh saying it was "as good as, or better than Outback"! Wow!

No comments: