Monday, February 18, 2008

Since I've Been Such a Bad Blogger...

I have a meme for you just so I have something to post about.  It will be much shorter than the get to know you email lists.  Here it is:

  • Look up page 123 in the nearest book
  • Look for the fifth sentence
  • Then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123
Here is mine:

This is an extract from it, remembering those who gave their lives for their country.  The second verse is particularly poignant.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.

This one takes a bit of explanation.  I am sitting in the living room and the nearest book is The Iggulden brothers' "The Dangerous Book for Boys".
 
That excerpt is from a chapter on Famous Battles and it is describing a poem called "For the Fallen" by Laurence Binyon that was written about the WWI battle at The Somme. 

Wow,  I couldn't have just been sitting next to a Nora Roberts novel and quoted a passionate love scene that needed no explanation?  To be fair, the closest book to me was actually  "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight"? but it doesn't have a page 123.   

So now I am going to tag:

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm posting in comments as well.. :)
Nearest book, Ok...

"I rolled down the window further and immediately smelled smoke.
"Al! Quick! Pull the car over and signal the others," I said. Our signal was flashing lights and beeping horns."

From "Growing Godly Women" (I'm still so scared of raising girls!!)