Wednesday, May 5, 2010

For My Running Friends...

I want to know what music you run to.  Just your favorite upbeat music or is there a method to your selection process.  Below is a pic of my current playlist for running - and because most of you know me, you won't be surprised to learn that these songs were methodically selected because they are all very close to 140 beats per minute.  Luckily, the list is long enough that, set to shuffle, I haven't gotten bored with it yet since I obviously can't run the full length of this playlist.


So, what do you like?  What motivates you?

(I crack up every time I listen to Hey Ya thinking of Jessica helping my 3 month old Boone shake his little body to that song!)

4 comments:

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Umm, are you talking about me making Boone shake his booty - my memory is shot if this is true!!
Love the play list, I would love to run to that!

Carla said...

Yup Jess, that would be you! It was when you first came to visit that January (not knowing you were preggers). I'd never heard the song but you kept wiggling & singing to him. He would giggle and giggle!

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Too funny!! I had pregger brain I guess!
Love your pic, looking hot mama!

Wendy said...

Funny you posted this, just checking tonight as i am making my playlist for the run. I may be weird but all i need is to really like the song, i don't put the super slow ones on there but sometimes the semi-slows are ok for me because i'm into them. I'm inspired a bit from Cass on this run but am putting a little C.aguilera, gwen stefani, colbie c.,brandi carlile, ingrid michaelson, dave matthews, pearl jam/eddie vedder, katy perry, a few other randoms. You craaaack me up with your 140 beats a minute- it is so you, love it. :) Your list looks great!!