Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Democrat Man...

Wow, I always new I was a liberal but Kucinich should be my candidate of choice? Never saw that coming! I learned that from a quiz that Mandy posted about in her blog. I suppose it is a quick and dirty way to learn specifically about issue stance for each candidate. This way you aren't relying exclusively on media coverage or the mass appeal of a charismatic candidate. Although I do feel it is important to support the candidate whose views align with yours on issues you find most important, there is something to be said about supporting a candidate who can win. Therefore, Kucinich just cannot be my man (or my woman)! Go Out, Get Informed, Make a Choice, and Don't forget to VOTE!!

Oh - If you didn't get the title reference, it is a song by the great John Lee Hooker. He wrote it when he was supporting John F. Kennedy's bid for the presidency in 1960.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Nice Banner! I sent the quiz to my republican fam, see what comes out of that. Anyway, no wonder we like each other so much Kucinich or whatever the name was my top, too! Obama was below Clinton which i have a hard time believing. I still wouldn't vote for her personally, i think obama is my man so far. :)

Carla said...

Thanks! The banner is from Flickr. I'll find the link and post it later. I really thought that I'd align more closely with Edwards actually. But Hillary was above both him and Obama. Since we don't have much say over here in WA, I guess I am just going to have to support whoever is BLUE!